Tuesday 25 October 2011

Gothic Horror Story, Paragraph 2 and 3.

This is Paragraph two and three of my Gothic Horror Story, they are only small but I hope you enjoy it. Remember to leave comments on what you think of it,  you could say what I could improve, and also what you like about it.



I turned back to face Rex, but he wasn’t there. I gasped and turned to face to house again. I looked just in time to see Rex disappearing into a small hole, leading into the house.
“No, Rex, “I cried, “Don’t go in there.” But it was too late, he wouldn't hear me and he probably wouldn’t listen to me, in fact he probably didn’t even understand me. I sighed. The only way to get him back was to go into the house.
I carefully made my way down the hill, slipping and sliding on the muddy grass, and it really didn’t help with the rain pouring down, making it even more wet and slippery.
I finally got to the bottom and reached a large iron gate. That wasn’t there before; I could have sworn that gate was NOT there before. I shrugged and turned. There was a small hole leading to the other side of the gate, small enough to fit an eight month old puppy in it, Rex must have gotten past by digging that. I shook my head and faced the gate again. The gate was rusty, and the paint chipped in some places, it was a very old gate, that’s all I’m saying. I pushed it slightly and it slowly creaked open. I looked behind me and then started walking towards the small wooden door.


I looked down at the small brass handle. I slowly reached for it, my hand trembling violently. I gripped the handle and started turning it slowly.
I slowly turned it, my heart in my throat, wondering what was on the other side.
It was nearly there, and I waited for the slow creak of the door, which usually happens at a time like this. I gave the door a push and stood back.
Nothing happened.
The door didn’t open. It was locked. I gave a small sigh of relief; nothing was forcing me to go in there now.
But then I remembered I had a small hair clip in my hair that could work. I sighed as the feeling came back. The feeling that made want to go in there, I obviously didn’t but it was like something was forcing me to.
I inserted the small hair clip into the key hole and rattled it about, until I heard a faint click. But the door didn’t open on its own. That was a relief, but then again I had to open it myself.
I slowly pushed it open. Darkness swept over me, covering my body, from head to toe. I slowly crept into the house. I could see nothing but darkness, there was darkness everywhere I went. It was quiet but I was not alone. I could feel something lurking around in the shadows, although I didn’t know what it was, or even where about it was, I could just feel presence of something, something bad.


Thanks for reading it. 

    Jessica xx :)


  - LOL!! Frankenstein's Monster

Fact: Did you know that the person who created Frankenstein's monster was called Frankenstein, so the monster isn't actually called Frankenstein, it's called Frankenstein's monster.



 - Dracula 

2 comments:

Lori O. said...

I am so impressed with your blog, and with your writing! I'd love to read more. I like the way you build up the suspense there at the end.

I love your fun fact about Frankenstein--I didn't learn that fact until I read the book in college!

Jessica S said...

Thank You! I haven't been on Blogger for a while so I will post tomorrow maybe. I only learnt that fact when learning about Gothic Horror in my English Class.